Saturday, July 17, 2010

My Adventures in Online Dating: Episode 5

So there I am, sitting on the dating sight when there, in my matches in the side bar I see it. My stomach drops. It's B. The girl I dated, the girl I was pretty sure I was going to marry, the girl who dumped me because SHE'S STRAIGHT.

She can only show up as one of my potential matches if she has on her profile that she likes women. I click over, I have to know, and yep, she's listed as bi. Honestly, I don't know what I feel. I'm angry- "Is she going to just do to some other girl the same thing she did to me?" I'm hurt- "Did she lie to me? Was it just me?" I start myself on the little death spiral of negative thoughts that generally ends with me ending up a spinster with 20 cats and no friends.

I let myself wallow for a minute, I shook myself off, picked the option to hide her from my matches, and I haven't really though of it much since. This is called progress right?

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely this is progress. Choosing not to let things outside your control dictate your level of happiness is taking control of your life. You get to choose who you want to be, and that's the ultimate freedom.

    ReplyDelete