Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dear Sextoy.com

As I said before, I started reviewing for Sextoy.com a while back. The shipments take a while to get to me, and by the time I'd gotten and used the first set of toys, I was offically in my funk. I didn't want to write. I had used them with the DFB, and I didn't want to think about him. I was just feeling down and not responding to the calls for upcoming toys available to review. All while sitting on about 70 dollars worth of toys that I had been sent for free, and hadn't reviewed, i.e., I was being an asshole.

I got an email from Domina Doll, who runs the reviewer program, and I was flooded with guilt. I didn't want to open it, I was scared of what she was going to say. I didn't want to feel any worse then I already did. Finally, I sucked it up and read the email. I was shocked. She was amazing. She was kind, she told me she understood how hard it was for me. She told me even a bare bones like/don't like review would be fine. She told me she hoped everything was ok. I couldn't have asked for a better response.

It was just the nudge I needed to get back into this. I needed someone to tell me it was ok, and as soon as I didn't feel guilty for not doing it, I wanted to write and I had a reason. I know there has been a lot going on in the sex blogger community about different companies and how they treat their reviewers. I just want to put out there, that sextoy.com has been nothing but nice to me, when honestly, I hadn't been doing what I was supposed to, so if you're buying toys, think about going with them, because they've proven to me at least that they really do care about me as a person, and a blogger, not just as someone to get their name out there. Thank you Domina. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment