Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Rope Bondage Classes!!!!


So you all know I took bondage classes at Passional's Sexploratorium with the fantabulous Ms. Klawdya Rothschild. She was fantastic. She was patient, articulate, knew her shit, and had a fun personality that kept the two hour classes interesting. My only real complaint? She's fucking distracting. Look at this girl, she is hot, and frankly, her low cut shirt and tendency to lean over to check everyone's ropes left me slightly smitten.

The first class I took was Bondage 101. I've been tying people up for years, but I've always been a very utilitarian rope person. Them to the bed, or thier arms together, a quick knot and I was done. I had tried years ago to learn harnesses out of Midori's The Seductive Art of Japanese Rope Bondage but couldn't understand it at all and just thought I would always be useless at rope. (Nothing against the book, since the ex I bought it for used it all the time and got really good at a bunch of the harnesses, but apparently I can't learn from pictures.)

I took the class mainly so I could talk about it for the blog, I really didn't think I would do that well. I sat down in a coed class of about twelve people (2 couples, the rest singles). We talked a good deal about safety, everything from getting a pair of emt scissors to checking for weakness in limbs. She also made handouts of the information for everyone to take home (a nice touch, I love hand outs, it makes me think back to being a pain in the ass grade schooler). She went over rope structure, materials, and lengths, giving a decent amount of information without taking up too much time. Finally, we got to the good stuff. We learned a couple basic knots, then Klawdya showed us how pretty much all bondage is a combo of those knots. She would demonstrate, tying herself up, and hobbling around the class to check everyone's work and tug on our knots. Her finale was to tie one of my classmates into a full body harness, giving a quick explanation how it was done. I left the class back in love with rope and eager to practice. I had plans of tying up my roommate and was disappointed that he wasn't home, so I practiced a few things on myself.

The next day, I woke up, woke up my roommate, the fabulous Pistol in Bed Thirteen, and told him to get some clothes on, I was tying him up to practice before class. Klawdya taught us that "clothes are the enemy of bondage" so I was running around, tying up his various body parts while he sat there in his underwear. I finished by putting him in a full body harness, which considering I'd only seen it done once and had never tried it before, I thought turned out pretty well.

I ventured back out in a ridiculous storm for the self bondage class. I walked in and the atmosphere was very different. There were only three of us in the class, one woman who had been in the 101 class with me the day before and Kali, the owner of passional. We were encouraged to take our shoes off and sit on the floor which had been covered in a blanket and cushy pillows. We stretched and talked about the sensuality of rope, pulling across different body parts and feeling how different it felt on our arm versus our chest versus our ankle. We then talked again about safety and how, when doing self bondage you can take extra precautions. We then tied our wrists and learned to do it behind our own back. We tied our boobs up in chest harnesses and suspended our ankles from them. (I'm going to take a quick aside here to brag that Klawdya was showing us how to make a strap for the harness to help our boobs hold of the weight of our leg, she looked at me and was like, you don't see to need it, those things are holding strong on their own. Yep, my boobs are a little huge and apparently very resilient.) I spent a lot of time in chest harnesses in my early BDSM days and I had forgotten how good it felt and how much I liked it. I quickly went home, stripped off most of my clothes and was tying myself back up in minutes.

Unfortunately, I had to miss Sunday's suspension class due to SEPTA being hateful, but overall, I really enjoyed the classes and I loved Klawdya. She was nice, fun, and accessible, telling us to email her or tweet her or whatever if we had a question, noting that she has photo shopped pictures to give instructions on how to change things. I loved the classes and I thank her for reminding me how much I love rope. I would love to take something else by her and look forward to going to a suspension class as soon as I can find one. So check out Klawdya's website, and see if rope bondage is something you want to do too. That's all for me so I'll sign off as always by saying, if you don't know, ask, and if you're unsatisfied give direction!

P.S. I took pictures of myself and the fab roommate tied up, but for some reason blogger is being hateful and not letting me publish them... I'll have them up as soon as I can... everyone wants to see a cute beardy boy in nothing but briefs and rope right? Getting right on that....

2 comments:

  1. I'd rather see more of you. How about getting that nice room mate to move to behind the camera?

    I know Cleofay that's why the otherwise rude suggestion. ;(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I don't know her, I am glad you made the suggestion since I agree with it. :)

    ReplyDelete