Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Admin updates

Hey kiddies, I have a couple quick things that I need to let you know about.

1. I'm coming up on what will probably be some of the last regular how to blogs. There will be plenty of kinks to explore, but in terms of the basics, we're coming up on the end. That means the format will probably be changing a bit. I'm thinking that I'm going to start going to one kink or how to early in the week and a wildcard later in the week.

2. I've added an email address to the site.... yep, right over there in the sidebar. You didn't even notice it did you? I didn't think so. But yes, I'm going to be taking your questions and anything else you want to email me at cleofaye01@gmail.com. Send me love kiddies, I can't wait to hear from you.

3. I'm thinking about changing over to wordpress. I'm a stats geek and they have more stats on their dashboard then I could ever ask for. I don't know much about wordpress, so if anyone has had any experience with it, good or bad, please let me know.

4. I'm going to be a collaborator on a new blog! Don't worry kiddies, I won't let it interefe with my posting here, but I've signed on to be a guest blogger at www.cuntlove.wordpress.com on wednesdays from here on in. I'm going to be discussing kinky sex. I'll probably be cross posting a bit from there when we talk about fetishes, but she has a word limit of 500-800 words, so I may be rewriting or at least fleshing out my posts for here since mine usually run 1000 words plus. (Yeah, I know I know, I'm one verbose motherfucker.)

5. I don't know how many of my readers are from the philadelphia area, but I have to PSA a second for something that really means a lot to me. Giovanni's room (12th and pine in philly) is now, with the closing of Oscar Wilde in NYC, the oldest running LGBT bookstore in the country. They recently realized they had to renovate an outside wall to keep up with building codes. They are trying to raise 55,000 dollars. They've got about 15 so far, but they have a long way to go. If you're from the area, check them out, they are fantastic. If not, please support their online bookstore at www.queerbooks.com. This place was one of the first where I really felt welcome and at ease when I first moved to philly. I've been attending a book club there for over a year and a half and sometimes it has been one of the few things that has sustained me. Please take the time out and support a independent, LGBT owned bookstore, and forgive me for rambling about it a bit.

So that's it kiddies. As always, this is cleofaye saying if you don't know ask, and if you're unsatisfied, give direction!

2 comments:

  1. www.StrayTogether.com is hosted at GD (which I no longer refer to as "Go Daddy," not to be offensive ... but ...) and I use Blogger.com for my content. Just recently, however, someone turned me on the WordPress, and I'm finding it to be incredibly powerful. I'm guessing that most people don't use half of its potential. Email me if you're looking at particular plugins and what not - I'm just learning, but I have a terrific resource on the ins and outs.

    Fondly
    Jill

    ReplyDelete